How to Recycle Used Crayons - KinderArt Littles, Preschool, Daycare and Early Childhood Education Activities and Lessons
| RECYLCING CRAYONS [From: Color]
Written by: Beri Bek [Beri is a parent, teacher and artist]
Age: 2-5 years
Don't throw those old crayons away, recycle them! Many of us have stashes of broken crayons. Here's a way to recycle them.
What You Need:
•muffin tins (old ones that you don't bake with anymore)
•lots and lots of broken crayons
What You Do:
- Peel all the broken crayons, little kids are great at this. (Personally I like an Exacto knife)
- Opitonal: place muffin liners in the muffin tins.
- Sort by color and fill muffin tins loosely with crayon bits.
- Mixing colors is fine too: white and red for pink - experiment!
- Put your filled muffin tins into a 250 f. oven for about 20 minutes.
- Let then cool completely after baking. In the fridge, outside if it's cool or freezer.
- Pop them out and they're ready to go.
- The crayons are great for large motor skills and on the floor masterpieces.
www.KinderArt.com | www.KinderArtLittles.com
© Beri Bek
and KinderArt ®